Sunday, November 14, 2010

Iorich by Steven Brust


It's been on my shelf for some time and I knew it'd be a good read when I could get to it. I finally did, and wasn't disappointed.

As usual, Brust's story has snappy dialogue and a fast paced way of telling the story from Vlad Taltos' point of view. Another mystery that he shows up solve. As of late, his novels have low body counts--Vlad is more on the run these days than doing work (assassinations).

Many of the old favorites play a part in this novel, from Morlan and Sethra Lavode to Cawti and Kragar (I always look forward to him having a part in the story).

Unlike some of Brust's novels, Iorich isn't a good choice for a reader to begin the series with. As always, I'd suggest starting with The Book of Jhereg.

One thing I thought was really neat was the "Deleted Scenes" Steven Brust included at the end. Very neat and very funny.

Next up is Tiassa, scheduled for a late March 2011 release.

2 comments:

  1. ...deleted scenes.. wow I could include a HEAP of those ;p

    www.damselinadirtydress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, Nicole. :) Brust's were written more as spoof out takes that made me smile--if not laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete