Saturday, May 7, 2011

Classic TV: Al Bundy vs. "Spare Tire" Dixon

`
Okay, maybe Married with Children shouldn't be classified as 'classic' but during the years it aired I really enjoyed Al Bundy's humorous suffering and adventure.

Here's a classic clip from the show, where Al Bundy faces high school nemesis, Spare Tire Dixon (Bubba Smith). Give it a click and I hope you enjoy :)



As an additional note: Ed O'Neil, who plays Al Bundy, was a college football player, drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers. If I recall accurately, he was the last person cut from the team during training camp in 1969.
`

2 comments:

  1. I love Married With Children! Thanks for sharing the interesting fact about the actor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem, Cher. I think it was a bit hard for Ed O'Neil for a while after the show ended--being typecast as Al Bundy.

    ReplyDelete