Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July 2011

`
Enjoyed the community fireworks celebration Saturday night. My family found a spot out on the middle school's football field next to some good neighbors. My older daughter walked around a bit with her friends and my younger daughter ran around us with one of her buddies, both tossing their glowstick necklaces high into the air and chasing after them.

Sack races and concessions and music sounded while an appreciative and patriotic spirit ran through the crowd.

Sure, the fireworks display wasn't as impressive or long-lasting as some I've seen, especially when I lived in Toledo and watched them along the Maumee River. But it was pretty awesome in its own way. Tonight, when the sun sets, it'll be sparklers in the ally behind our house.

I hope you were able to enjoy the weekend and Independence Day with family and friends as well. And think about and say a prayer for those who made it all possible, and those serving our country now, sacrificing to allow us this and many other freedoms.
`

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. Hope you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did. Thanks. I hope you and your family did as well!

    ReplyDelete