Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March Snow in Ohio


Lilac and Juniper Bushes in the Back Yard

`
 Two storm systems decided to meet over the Midwest and dumped sleet, then snow on the Miami Valley in Ohio as the combined systems moved east. Most schools announced being closed last night in anticipation, which was a good idea. The main roads are okay now, but side roads? Not really favorable for bus traffic. The good news? By Saturday, it's supposed to reach a sunny 50 degrees Fahrenheit and all remnants, except muddy puddles, will be gone.

Other Back Yard Juniper 
I've included a few pics I took of the 8 inches, with about 1/4 of an inch of slush under neath, before venturing out to dig a path for the old Saturn VUE. Got that taken care of for my wife, only to see a trail of green spotting the snow as she drove away. Had to call my wife to warn her, and then got my older daughter outside so we could quickly dig out the truck which I park out in front of the house. She swung back to the local auto repair shop--no room to look at it until Tuesday.

My wife's Camaro doesn't do well in the snow and getting it out of its spot in the alley will be interesting. Maybe I'll catch a ride with a co-worker into work tomorrow and leave the Colorado for my wife--I'm guessing the roads will be clear enough by then. We'll see.


Side Yard
 That's what the weather is like in Ohio, and I guess now along the east coast, where they're getting it worse than we did, as did the central part of the USA last week (with snow). So I'm not really complaining. Just the way it is.

Well, the sidewalks are finished. My older daughter has finished knocking the snow off of our Taxus, Boxwood and Juniper bushes (we have 20 or so) and clearing the front porch. Back out to dig out the neighbor's driveway, then work a little on the alley.
`

4 comments:

  1. Pretty! Nice to look at, not so nice to drive in. :) Can't imagine having to deliver mail in such. Not much chance of snow here in SC. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure isn't easy for the postal workers to deliver, but they do a pretty good job nevertheless.

      Delete
  2. My goodness! I've only seen snow in pics or TV. Your snow is serious stuff and I can now see where it's work too, lol! Inkling:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are places that get tons more than we do. If you like sledding or snowball fights, it's cool. Driving in it is better than on ice, but still takes some experience.

      Delete